Sunday, July 13, 2014

AYL® 2nd Gen 6000mAh (2.1A Output) by AYL (Accessorize Your Life)

 Great Backup Power for Your Phone or Other Handheld Device


I was sent this battery backup by AYL to review so I decided to charge it up and see what happened.

I charged the external battery and then hooked it to my phone. I have a Galaxy S3 and it was only at a 4% charge. 3 hours later, it was up to 100%. I immediately disconnected it and hooked it to my Kindle Fire HD 7 which was only at 13% charge. The battery charged it up to 62% before it finally gave out. That's a lot of back up power.
A size comparison for the AYL battery.Although it
looks like a flip phone it does not open up.
It weighs less than 5 ounces. Photo by DWD.

On top of all of that, the thing is a flashlight - it's a wimpy one, but still it's a flashlight that will stay on for 250 straight hours straight according to the instruction booklet. That's almost 10 and 1/2 days!

Compare the price to other external batteries (I have another one that costs about half as much but barely added 10% to my phone's charge) and this is a bargain.

The instruction booklet recommends that it can be charged and then sit for 3-4 months before being recharged.

The battery comes with a short mini-USB cord and a mesh travel pouch.

Negatives: This battery is heavy. Too heavy to put in your pocket, but it could easily be tucked into a backpack or be put into a car's glovebox.

I rate this battery 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment