Saturday, December 30, 2017

Sunex 30080 3/8-Inch Drive 80-Tooth Low Profile Chrome Ratchet with Teardrop Handle by Sunex



Confession time. I am not really a tool guy. This doesn't mean that I don't have just all of the tools that most guys have, it just means that I don't go in for the top-of-the-line tools. 

Priced at $32.77, this is by far the most expensive ratchet that I own. It probably costs more than both of the very basic metric and standard sets that I own - put together.

So, I took this ratchet to my father for his opinion. He worked in appliance repair for more than 30 years and knows his hand tools.

Here are his comments:

-Nice ratcheting action (the manufacturer is very proud of this - the ratchet has 80 teeth which means you don't have to move the ratchet handle much to get a new angle on things).


-He liked the fact that the handle has a fat part for you to hold in your hand - it's a simple touch but it makes it easier to use over the long haul (my cheap ratchets do not have a "fat" handle).

-He also liked the fact that the handle does not have grips in the handle. Over the long haul those grips start to hurt your hand. 

No eject button

-He did not like the fact that it does not have an eject button in the head to kick off the socket. If you use the finest sockets on the market, this might not be an issue, but...see my comments in the 2nd paragraph.

So, I rate this ratchet 4 stars out of 5 because of the eject button.


This ratchet can be found on Amazon.com here: Sunex 30080 3/8-Inch Drive 80-Tooth Low Profile Chrome Ratchet with Teardrop Handle.

Note: I received one of these ratchets as part of the Amazon Vine Program so that I could write an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment