Tuesday, July 28, 2015

BestFire® Car-Shaped Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With Subwoofer (Red)by BestFire®



Usually I go for speakers that are designed to do the job but not stick out. But, this speaker just grabbed me. Is there any guy that resist a shiny red sports car. This car is the GT by Citroen, a car literally designed for a video game and then brought to the road as a concept car.

This speaker feels like a remote control car when it is picked up. All four wheels roll easily - it will roll off of the table if it is not perfectly level. It measures approximately 10.5 inches long, 5 inches wide and 3 inches tall. When it is playing, the tail lights light up and the headlights blink blue (about two seconds on, two seconds off).

But, how does it work?

This speaker is more than loud enough for a home office space, but it will not shake the walls. Currently, I am listening to it and I found that I had to turn it down - it gets loud enough that I have a hard time writing and listening. If you move the car around, it makes the bass sound more prominent or less prominent. This is not due to electronics, but the simple physics of audio. I found if you tilt the car up on something (like the driver's side wheels on the ground, the passenger side wheels up on a book), which you could easily do in setting it up as a display item on a shelf, it sounds best.

It comes with a replaceable rechargeable battery. The instructions are all one a half-sheet of paper. I used them to get started and then started experimenting. The car is pretty intuitive to operate. 
Everything that comes with the speaker:
1)  the speaker, 2) a combination USB/line-in
cord and a half page instruction sheet.

When you turn it on the car makes a roaring engine sound then there is a voice that speaks to you in Chinese. But, the back window of the car is a digital screen and it says, "HI" in English. Hit the "M" button and you pick the mode you are in: Bluetooth, FM radio or Line-in. The screen identifies them as "blue", the current FM station's numbers you are on (it does remember where you left it, which is a positive) and "Line". As you switch modes the Chinese man comes back and says something. Hit the power button once and it puases (or "PAUS" as the screen calls it), hold it down and it says "OFF" and powers down.

The Bluetooth hooks up easily.

If you are listening to your speaker plugged in to or Bluetoothed to your phone you can use the car as a speaker phone. I asked people how I sounded over the speaker phone (or my "car phone" as I took to calling it) and I was told that I sounded just like normal. I used my phone to answer and call - I hate to use the buttons on a device that is hooked up to my cell phone because while I am looking at the Bluetooth device trying to remember what to do the phone stops ringing. 

This speaker comes in three different colors: red, yellow and blue.

As of the time of this review this speaker cost $58.99 on Amazon. Click here for current pricing: BestFire® Car-Shaped Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With Subwoofer (Red)

No comments:

Post a Comment